Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2024

Cruising Soon

There is no tired like teacher-tired on the last week of school. The last two weeks have been busy. Prepping for final exams, administering final exams, and grading final exams was exhausting. The fun activities that I enjoyed with my students are what carried me. From athlete awards night, to the downtown block party, to the senior luncheon, to the graduation ceremony practice, I have enjoyed every moment with my students.

Tonight, we will have the graduation ceremony and say "see ya later" to our senior class. They have been such a joy to teach this year. The engaging conversations we had in the economics and government class have been the highlight of my year. They're engaged in politics and more interested in how government and the economy works than any group I've taught in the past. I know they'll be thoughtful citizens and educated voters for life.

But my busyness does not end with the graduation ceremony. Austin and I will be cruising soon in the Carribean. I haven't packed anything yet. Tonight after the ceremony, we will meet Mama and Daddy for dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant, then do last minute travel shopping. We typically meet my parents for dinner and shopping on Friday nights.


Austin also has to work tonight. I have to work in the morning, but my principal said that we will likely be dismissed around noon. That will leave me some time to start packing. I will also have some time to pack Saturday morning, before we head off to the airport in Birmingham, where we will catch a flight to Miami, Florida, thus beginning our vacation. I'm planning on sharing our experience on the cruise here on the blog, so stayed tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment