Pages

Monday, May 27, 2024

Memorial Day at Sea

Today is Memorial Day. Austin and I took time this morning to remember all of the men and women who paid the ultimate sacrifice for the freedom we enjoy as Americans. My gratitude cannot be expressed in words. My prayers are with their families and friends.

We had breakfast at Lido Marketplace Buffet. They had a large variety of food, and a smiling staff. We figured we'd be early enough to beat the crowd, but we were wrong.

It was crowded, and for good reason. The food was delicious, and the cost was included. Austin managed to locate a table with a beautiful view, where we enjoyed our meal.


Then, we sat on the deck for a couple hours. It was chilly to me, but I am running a low-grade fever from the sickness (don't panic; I'm social distancing, as you can see below).


I went back to take a nap in the cabin, while Austin went exploring once again. Then, he came back to get me, and we enjoyed a late lunch at Guy's Burger Joint, because it is an American holiday and what says American holiday like a juicy, delicious burger and fries?


After we spent a couple more hours on deck, we went to the live show Ringmaster's Rhapsody, which featured music from The Greatest Showman.


We arrived early and enjoyed cocktails before the show started. We ran into a couple that we had met during onboarding, and they asked us to sit by them during the show.

Neither Austin and I nor our couple friend participated in elegant night, but we all enjoyed some sushi at Bonsai Sushi after the show. It was very spicy, but delicious.


We ended the night at the piano bar, and it was the most fun I have had so far. The entertainer, Keith Retson-Spalding, is a hoot. He kept me and Austin rolling. He also covered Taylor Swift, which was so unexpected for a piano bar. I plan on going back.

We have been having such a fun time so far. Tomorrow, we will stop at Amber Cove. I hear it is breathtaking. I will be posting pictures of our adventures tomorrow evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment