Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2024

A Day at Amber Cove

When we woke up, we were at Amber Cove. Austin and I had an early breakfast at the marketplace buffet again, before heading out to explore the first stop of the cruise.


We explored a few retail shops, then spent a few hours relaxing on the beach, as we alternated between people watching and reading our books.


Then, we had lunch at the Crazy Lobster, which had delicious food and amazing views of farmland on one side and the ocean on the other. Did I mention the food was delicious?


After lunch, I decided to return to the ship, because I still felt under the weather. Austin joined a guided excursion on four-wheeler, and he had a lot of fun (and got pretty dirty).


He returned to the cabin around 3:30 p.m., and brought takeout from Guy's Burger Joint, because I was once again craving a burger. We ate them on the balcony while enjoying a beautiful view of the ocean, then we cleaned up to head downstairs for the evening.


Some entertainment options tonight were two of my favorite game shows: Deal or No Deal and Family Feud. We stayed for both shows. A hilarious drag queen hosted Deal or No Deal. Our Cruise Director, Lee, hosted Family Feud. They both did a wonderful job!



After the shows, we noticed that Swirls was serving strawberry soft serve ice cream, so I had to stop by. Austin had a chocolate. They were like Wendy's Frosties, but even better.


We are back in the cabin now and exhausted. I needed something funnier than Friday Night Lights tonight, so we're watching Mama's Family on FreeVee. Even though I have had a lot of fun, I am still feeling under the weather. I've been fever-free for 24 hours, but the body aches are bad. My dad went to the doctor today and was diagnosed with the flu. If I am not better by morning, I will likely visit the medical center downstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment