Pages

Sunday, May 26, 2024

Hasta La Vista, Miami!

We were both exhausted from a busy week, and I woke up with a bit of a sinus infection, so we slept in and ordered room service instead of going out early like we had planned. I later called Teledoc and had some medicine sent to a nearby CVS in case I get any sicker.


We checked out of the room at 1:00 p.m. and headed straight for the port, as our group was able to board the cruise at 1:30 p.m. 


We departed at 4:30 p.m. I was not in the mood to socialize, and I am still feeling under the weather, so I took the medicine the doctor prescribed and laid down in the cabin (I'll post pictures of the cabin tomorrow), while Austin went to the departure deck party.


Back in the cabin, I watched this week's episode of Touching Lives with Dr. James Merritt from Cross Pointe Church in Georgia. His sermon, entitled "There's More to Come," was a reminder that what awaits us in heaven will be far greater than what we have on earth.

I always lament, when we are away from home, that our home church does not have an online presence where we stream services. We always miss our church when we're away.


Around 7:00 p.m., we headed out to explore the ship. We found several places where we want to eat or shop. And we found an old car that Austin, a gearhead, snapped a pic of.


After exploring for a while, we had a delicious dinner at Guy's Pig & Anchor. The brisket was cooked to perfection, and the BBQ sauce and macaroni and cheese were to die for.


After dinner, we stopped by the candy shop, Candy on Top, and I think we bought enough candy to last us the rest of the year. I was like a kid in a candy store (pun intended).


We are back in the cabin now, binge-watching Friday Night Lights once again. Tomorrow, we will spend the day at sea, and tomorrow night is elegant night (we usually don't dress up, but we packed two "elegant" outfits, so we shall see). Here is our week at a glance:


I will continue to update the blog. Mine and Austin's families are both following along.

No comments:

Post a Comment